Location: Santa Clara, CA
Colovore is changing the Bay Area retail colocation and data center marketplace. We specialize in supporting the deployments of High Performance Computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and private and hybrid cloud infrastructure, and we are growing rapidly by providing the most footprint-efficient and cost-effective solution in Bay Area colocation. With 9 MW of power, unrivalled power densities of 35-50 kW per cabinet, a modern liquid cooling system, and a management team with decades of IT infrastructure management we are growing fast and shaking things up!
Come join our emerging company and play a critical role as we continue to scale. You can be a game-changer at Colovore.
Our closely-knit and highly-skilled IT Operations team needs to fill a position with great growth opportunities. There are two primary responsibilities:
- Configure and manage the company’s IT systems that support our network, server and facilities infrastructure. Colovore is a 90% Linux environment with extensive use of open-source virtualization and IAAS deployment systems. We currently manage over 100 virtual machines for our internal systems. Python is our scripting language standard. Your role will include the use and creation of the scalable backend automation tools that these systems require.
- Provide day to day technical assistance to our colocation and managed IT services customers who will be using similar systems themselves.
This is an IT-focused, but not a traditional IT-only role. Through on the job training, you will also be expected to support and learn the usage, configuration and backup of our facility management software systems. You will gain an understanding of our electrical and mechanical systems with an aim to doing basic troubleshooting and simple vendor management and follow-up.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Required Technical Skills
3-5 years of up to date experience working in systems administrator or devops roles. Knowledge of the following is necessary:
- Linux systems administration and troubleshooting (Windows a plus)
- Experience with KVM or Xen virtualization on Linux hosts– we are not a VMware shop
- Experience with systems deployments using Cobbler, Puppet or Chef
- Using version control systems such as (but not necessarily limited to) git, phabricator, gitolite and SVN
- Open source monitoring, graphing and logging solutions like Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, and syslog
- Configuring BIND DNS, Apache, Linux clustering, Postfix and Sendmail
- Coding in one or more of the following languages: Python, Perl, or BASH. You will need to convert your coding knowledge to support python
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco networking equipment (VLANs, access lists, connectivity)
- Troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute)
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with iptables or other firewall solutions
- BGP, OSPF routing
- Simple management of database platforms like MySQL
Other Desirable Attributes
- Ability to participate in rotating pager/ on-call duty for critical systems and customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, for team and customer interaction plus internal systems documentation
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills and an appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to pick up new concepts in a rapidly growing and evolving business. For example, a proven willingness to quickly learn the desirable technical skills above
Either of the following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Current Linux and/or Cisco certification
Compensation will be determined based on experience level and fit, and will consist of a base salary and bonus incentive program. We believe in rewarding outstanding performance with outstanding compensation.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or apply on LinkedIn.