IT Systems Engineer
Our closely knit and highly skilled IT Operations team needs to fill a senior role with great growth opportunities.
There are two primary responsibilities:
- You will need to configure and manage the company’s IT systems that support our network, server and facilities infrastructure. Colovore is a 90% Linux environment with extensive use of open source virtualization and IAAS deployment systems.
- Your role will include the use and creation of the scalable backend automation tools that these systems require.
It is also essential that you provide day to day technical assistance to our colocation and managed IT services customers who will be using similar systems themselves.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Required Technical Skills
- 4-5 years of up to date experience working in systems administrator or devops roles. Knowledge of the following is necessary:
- Linux systems administration and troubleshooting (Windows a plus)
- Experience with KVM or Xen virtualization
- Experience with systems deployments using Cobbler, Puppet or Chef
- Using version control systems such as (but not necessarily limited to) git, phabricator, gitolite and SVN.
- Open source monitoring and logging solutions like Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, and syslog
- Configuring BIND DNS, Apache, Linux clustering, Postfix and Sendmail
- Coding in one or more of the following languages: Python, Perl
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco networking equipment (VLANs, access lists, connectivity)
- Troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute)
Desirable Technical Skills and Other Desirable Attributes
- Experience with iptables or other firewall solutions
- BGP, OSPF routing
- Simple management of database platforms like MySQL
- Ability to participate in the rotating pager duty for critical systems and customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, for team and customer interaction plus internal systems documentation
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills and an appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to pick up new concepts in a rapidly growing and evolving business. For example, a proven willingness to quickly learn the desirable technical skills above.
Either of the following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Current Linux and/or Cisco certification
Compensation will be determined based on experience level and fit, and will consist of a base salary and bonus incentive program. We believe in rewarding outstanding performance with outstanding compensation.